Saturday, March 27, 2010

decade of introspection

its 2010 so i thought why not list the achievements, disappointments and hope of last 1 decade, thought month and date may not be right but the year would perfectly be alright. so lets start with year 2000, i was doing CA in ahmedabad and undergoing article ship training, i had passed my CA foundation exam so along with college (i was in HA, though i got admission in HL)i was working as article clerk, working 6 days a week like full time job for RS 300 a month and from 11 to 7 pm. by the time i used to reach home did not feel like doing anything missied college days and did not even do bird watching.....(u know what i mean) but tis felt as if i was studying, but in reality not studying and on top of it i was very proud of the fact that i can pass any exam with only preparation of 1 day. so this article ship routine went on for 1 and half year and then CA inter exam came , without tution and without studying how could i expect to pass but still i managed to pass 3 subjects and failed in one. though i failed but still had this feeling if i had studied for 15 days i would have passed (still very proud of myself) some how i passed my CA inter exam after few attempts and viola in 2003 Pachauri gave me call that he had job for me in Dubai, i was happy, scared apprehensive and took the job in dubai and worked there for 8 months and while working i realised that dubai was not the place meant for me this sheikhs had some weird rules , they keep your passport and to change job you need your employers noc, and as we know all employers are assholes....no one is going to give you that. So i figured out that i had no future in Dubai and this country can only exploit me.......on top of it there was my manager Kamal Parikh, the biggest bastard on this planet, i have not forgotten him, some day i think i should enact zinda movie seen on him (inshallah...lol). I did not think much one fine monday morning i remeber vividly i entered my office at 9 am without much thought i typed my resignation letter and sent to raj somani at 9.20 am most of the staff was horrified and told me that i was stupid to leave the job where i could have grown to become the director of the company......but in hindsight that was one of the best decisions of my life.......fuck dubai......

Nov 2004 i landed back in India and on the same day my neighbour Satish's father died, it was sad day for me as uncle was very close to my heart though he was 80 yrs old.

Anyways i applied for UK visa and it was rejected 2 time i was unhappy and was saying to god why should this happen to me.....but now i know that it was the best thing to have happend, because then i wouldn't have come down to Australia.

No comments: